Wednesday 17 April 2013

Friday 22nd March 2013

AM

We enamelled this morning to experiment with a few labels before Elizabeth came in to teach us on Tuesday. 
These were 3 labels that I worked on after they had been sand blasted and washed in the sink to get rid of any dust particles before we poured enamel onto them. 
The concept for my labels which would explain my work to Elizabeth was looking at maps around the Botanical Gardens, where the high and low grounds were as to where the marsh and wet land was. We identified where many plants liked to grow and compared that to the contour lines of maps. 
Today I started experimenting with the thickness and thinness of lines I could create, and how to layer over the top. 


Some drawings ready for Elizabeth Turrell's workshop looking at texts, herbs, flowers, maps and layering.





No comments:

Post a Comment